VOID IN QUEBEC, OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND CANADA, AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. VOID IF ENTRANT IS NOT AN EMPLOYEE, MANAGER OR OWNER OF ENTRY DOOR DEALERS, BUILDERS, REMODELERS OR CONTRACTORS. THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW.
2017 ‘Unlock the Opportunities’ Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Therma-Tru Doors 2017 ‘Unlock the Opportunities’ Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are employees, managers or owners of entry door fabricators, distributors, dealers, builders, remodelers or contractors at time of entry; and are legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec). You must be eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry (19 years or older in AL or NE). Officers, directors, and employees of the Sponsor (as defined below), members of the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children, and their respective spouse, regardless of where they live) and household members (whether or not related thereto) of each such persons, as well as officers, directors and employees of Sponsor’s parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies and its advertising and promotional agencies, including Zig Marketing, Inc. (the “Administrator”) are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all Federal, state, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations and is void in Quebec, outside the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada and wherever prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Therma-Tru Corp., 1750 Indian Wood Circle, Maumee, Ohio, 43537, (collectively, the “Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules and Reassignment of Entry: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules in a timely manner.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins on January 9, 2017 at 12:00:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 30, 2017 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Entry Period”). Entries received outside of the Entry Period will be disqualified. The computer clock of Sponsor’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
5. Online Entry: To enter, you must go to the promotional website at www.unlocktheopportunities.com and enter your email address and then choose one (1) of the six (6) keys presented on the site. Each key corresponds to an associated learning module on Therma-Tru’s Education Center. These modules are titled 3 ½ Wide Simulated Divided Lites, Smooth-Star Shaker-Style Doors, Internal Blinds – New 47” Glass Options, Flush-Glazed For The Entire House, Multi-Point Locking Systems New Grip-Style Handlesets, and Sales Support Tools. You must complete the tasks on the Education Center for each of these learning modules, including the associated quiz and entry form and click the submit button. To earn (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, you must answer 6 or more of the 10 questions on the quiz correctly. Answering 5 or less questions correctly does not earn you an entry. You may retake the quiz immediately or at a later date to earn an entry. Limit one (1) entry per each of these Education Center learning modules, 3 ½ Wide Simulated Divided Lites, Smooth-Star Shaker-Style Doors, Internal Blinds – New 47” Glass Options, Flush-Glazed For The Entire House, Multi-Point Locking Systems New Grip-Style Handlesets, and Sales Support Tools, for a total of six (6) entries in the Sweepstakes. If you answer 8 or more of the 10 questions on the quiz correctly, you will also receive an “instant win key” on the thank you page of these learning modules. Using the link supplied with the “instant win key,” you can return to the Unlock the Opportunities page and drag the key onto the door presented to see if you are an instant winner. “Instant win keys” expire at 11:59:59 pm EST on the day they are earned. Limit one (1) “instant win key” per Education Center learning module. If you answer less than 8 questions correctly on a quiz, and do not earn an “instant win key,” you will be given the choice to retake the quiz immediately or at a later date. You may enter any or all of the Education Center learning modules on the same day, but you may only enter each Education Center learning module once for the duration of the sweepstakes. Multiple online entries for each individual Education Center learning module received during the sweepstakes will be void and will not be eligible.
Each online entry form must be complete and include name, mailing address and e-mail address for entry to be valid. Entries that are incomplete or that contain errors, trademarks/logos, copyrighted images or inappropriate/derogatory/defamatory images, language, nudity or profanity will be automatically disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, altered, or destroyed entries. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
6. Alternative Means of Entry: You may also enter the Sweepstakes by mail. Each mail-in entry will count as one (1) entry in the Weekly Prize drawing. Send your name, company mailing address, daytime and evening telephone numbers, and complete e-mail address (if you have one) (e-mail address will only be used for purposes of administering this promotion) on an index card to Zig Marketing, Therma-Tru Doors 2017 ‘Unlock the Opportunities’ Sweepstakes, c/o Mike Smith, 812 Huron Road, Suite 840, Cleveland, Ohio 44115. Entries must be enclosed in an envelope with entrant's name and return address placed on the front left hand corner of envelope. All mail entries must be postmarked by April 30, 2017 and received by May 6, 2017 to be eligible for the weekly prize drawing. No mechanically reproduced or computer-generated entries allowed.
Limit one (1) mail-in entry per person. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. By entering, entrants acknowledge their compliance with and agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish, and otherwise make use of entries in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created—throughout the world and for any purpose—without compensation to you of any kind. By submitting entries to Sponsor, you represent and warrant that the entries do not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the entries to Sponsor free and clear of any claims or encumbrances. You acknowledge and agree that entries submitted by you may be made available by Sponsor for viewing and reviewing by the public. By submitting entries to Sponsor, you waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to the entries.
7. Drawings/Odds of Winning: : WEEKLY WINNERS: One (1) winner will be drawn each week during the Sweepstakes, on Monday at 12:00 pm EST, by Administrator, at random, from all entries received up until the drawing time. Weekly Winner drawings will be held on the following dates in 2017: January 16, 23, 30; February 6, 13, 20, 27; March 6, 13, 20, 27; April 3, 10, 17, 24; May 6. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received throughout the applicable Entry Period, up until the drawing time. Non-winning entries will be carried forward for subsequent weekly drawings. Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners by e-mail within 24 hours after the applicable drawing. Potential winners must provide street address within five (5) days of being contacted by Sponsor in order for Sponsor to send prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the first attempt to make contact, or potential winner does not provide street address within five (5) days of being notified, potential winner will be deemed to be ineligible and disqualified. In such event, Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner at random from all eligible entries received.
DAILY INSTANT WIN KEY WINNERS: Each day during the Sweepstakes, three (3) winners, at random throughout the day, will receive an “instant win key” when they complete an Education Center learning module quiz and answer 8 or more of the 10 questions correctly. Using the link supplied with the “instant win key,” they can return to the Unlock the Opportunities page and drag the key on to the door presented to see if they are an instant winner. “Instant win keys” that are NOT instant winners will receive a message that states they are NOT an instant winner. “Instant win key” that are winners will receive a message that they ARE an instant winner, including a form for the potential winner to claim their prize. To claim the “instant win key” prize, the potential winner must provide their name, email, street address, city, state and Zip Code on the form presented at that time. Failure to input an “instant win key” on the day it was earned and/or provide all the information required on the form will result in forfeiture of the prize. All “instant win keys” expire at 11:59:59 pm EST on the day they are earned and will not be carried forward to future days.
8. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, the potential winners once contacted may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (Canadian potential winners will be required to complete and return an Eligibility and Liability/Publicity release) (the “Affidavit/Release”), within five (5) days of being notified. Canadian potential winners will also be required to answer, without mechanical or other assistance, a mathematical skill-testing question posed via telephone by Sponsor or Administrator at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time, as a prerequisite of being declared a winner. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release or fails to answer the skill-question within the required time period, such potential winner will be deemed to be ineligible and disqualified. In such event, Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner. Sponsor’s decisions will be final, binding and non-appealable in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
9. Prizes: SIXTEEN (16) WEEKLY WINNER: Each weekly winner will receive a $1,000 airline travel voucher from a major domestic airline, including but not limited to United Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines or other airline of Sponsor’s choice. Sponsor will attempt to fulfill each winner’s preferred airline request. The total approximate retail value of each Weekly Prize is $1,000.00 USD. The total approximate value of all Weekly Prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes is $16,000.00 USD.
THREE HUNDRED THIRTY-SIX (336) DAILY INSTANT WIN KEY WINNERS: Every daily “instant win key” winner will receive one (1) YETI® Rambler 20 oz. Tumbler. The Sponsor reserves the right to change the prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Retail value of each YETI® Rambler 20 oz. Tumbler is $29.99 USD. The approximate retail value of all YETI® Rambler 20 oz. Tumblers awarded throughout this Sweepstakes is $10,076.64 USD.
Any Participant who completes all six (6) modules with a score of 80% or better on each quiz will be awarded their choice of a complimentary Therma-Tru product while supplies last. These awards will be subject to the same rules as the electronic entries listed above.
The total approximate retail value of all prizes awarded throughout this Sweepstakes is $26,076.64 USD. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of prize will not be awarded in any form. Any applicable Federal, state, provincial, municipal or local taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner. For the Weekly Prizes, if the winner resides in the 50 United States or D.C., he/she will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prize. No prize substitutions, cash substitutions, or transfers permitted. Prizes may not be assigned prior to being awarded to winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is not available. If a potential winner is an eligible minor in his/her state or province of jurisdiction, any prize will be awarded to his/her parent or legal guardian.
An entrant may only win one (1) weekly prize throughout this Sweepstakes and six (6) daily instant win key prizes, one (1) associated with each Education Center learning module, throughout this Sweepstakes. All prizes will be awarded provided they are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules.
Winners’ first names, last initials and cities/states or province may be posted on the promotional website www.unlocktheopportunities.com and may be announced by news release. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules.
11. Entry Errors/Tampering: Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any third-party web site or service, or through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method, and to disqualify any individual using such a web site/ service or entry method, as applicable. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) electronic, wireless or digital transmissions or any entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, postage-due or misdirected, or not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries; (iii) destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iv) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software, or telephone transmissions; (v) damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer or wireless device or its contents; (vi) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (vii) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (viii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (ix) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prize(s) or prize winner(s); (x) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms and denial of service attacks); or (xi) cheating or fraud by any participant.
All incomplete, illegible or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. All entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to any printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or if the Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated before the original end date, to select the winner(s) from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the date/time of termination. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who enters using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Limitations on Liability:By entering, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, and agrees to indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including without limitation emotional distress) and/or death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy or merchandise delivery arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession and/or use/misuse of a prize (if awarded to him/her) or his/her participation in prize-related activities (if applicable), including but not limited to travel related thereto.
By accepting a prize, each winner agrees that any liability concerning or arising out of his/her prize rests solely with the common carrier on which the winner traveled or the manufacturer of the goods, (as applicable) and/or the respective affiliates of each of the foregoing. Furthermore, each winner, by accepting a prize, acknowledges that Sponsor and Administrator have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to such prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
13. Consent to Publicity: By accepting a prize, each winner further consents to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, voice, statements and/or likeness for advertising, promotion, public relations or trade purposes in commerce and in any media worldwide without limitation or additional compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law.
14. Disputes/Venue/Governing Law: By participating, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal, state or local court located in the State of Ohio; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ohio.
15. Sweepstakes Results: For Weekly Prize winners’ and Daily Instant Win Key Prize winner’s names, available after May 31, 2017, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Zig Marketing, Therma-Tru 2017 ‘Unlock the Opportunities’ Sweepstakes c/o Mike Smith, 812 Huron Road, Suite 840, Cleveland, Ohio 44115. Requests must be received by May 31, 2017.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, YETI®. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this promotion shall be directed to Sponsor and not to YETI®. YETI® is a registered trademark of YETI Coolers LLC. This Sweepstakes is not affiliated with or sponsored by Facebook or Twitter.
Therma-Tru Corp. is the sponsor of The Unlock the Opportunities Sweepstakes only and any customer-specific side promotion resulting from or related to the Unlock the Opportunities Sweepstakes, is a customer(s) promotion only and shall not be sponsored, endorsed or administered by Therma-Tru Corp. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding any side-promotion resulting from or related to Unlock the Opportunities Sweepstakes shall be directed to the sponsoring customer(s).